Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hamba Hamba Y Hamba


I have been living with my senora now since saturday, since then i have only seen her eat 3 chicken nuggets, once slice of cheese and coffe. Meanwhile I have been getting feed 3 course meals at every meal.

Each meal starts off with a salad, it's not your typical salad es un ensalada Espanola! This first course consist of lettuce, a whole fresh cut tomato, corn & shredded carrots. All of which is beautifully blended and swimming in olive oil. YUM

The second course of the meal is always ridiculously large. Take today for example, after nomming my delicious salad I was presented with not one but TWO plates. The first held 3 Hot Dogs and a Hamburger which of course us 'americans' cannot eat without a mountain of French Fries argo, the second plate. Also to keep up with proper american customs I was presented with two bottles of ketchup, a generic spanish one & good old Heinz. ( Yes I did take the Heinz... it only seemed right). As if that meal were already not healthy enough i was also given, as I have been given with every meal since I've been here.. yes breakfast included.. a piece of bread wooo

After the main portion of the meal I am always offered dessert too which is much lighter than everything else and is almost always fruit and yogurt.

I have enjoyed all the food that my senora has cooked for me thus far, especially la tortilla espanola but these ridiculous food portions are kind of alot to handle.. especially when you have a senora who does not eat.. and tells you that you dont eat enough

Today when I failed to consume all three hot dogs, the burger etc.. she said " AYE nina tu deverdad que no comos mucho".

I felt bad like I had let her down but if I ACTUALLY ate everything she gave me I would come back to the USA loooking like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment